Thursday, May 8, 2008

Practicing Catholic Michael Moore

I had not read this and thought it was kind of interesting.  This is part of an interview between Larry King and Michael Moore concerning Obama's connection to Rev. Wright:
Larry King: What about how [Obama's] handled the Rev. Wright thing?

Moore: Jeez, you know, I mean I go to Mass still. I'm a practicing Catholic. I've been that way all my life. But if I had -- if I had gotten up every time I heard a priest from the pulpit in my travels around the country say things like I've heard them say, that birth control is a sin, that women should not be priests, that women should have a different role in church . . .

King: You'd be walking out all the time?

Moore: I would have been walking out so much -- that would have been so much aerobic activity for me . . . I wouldn't look like this.
I didn't know that Moore was a practicing Catholic. I guess we know what he means by that. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean you leave.

Markel, SJ

No comments: